Embroidery and Sewing

What does "yfwd" mean in a knitting pattern?

My knitting pattern reads as follows:

"Line 3: yfwd, k2"

I read elsewhere that it is an abbreviation for British yarn over, but it comes at the start of the pattern.

You can do a YO / YFWD at the beginning of a line is a technique of lace called (no kidding) faggoting. I am referencing a magazine, but do a YO is not just a technique of copyright-able, so I think I'm good ...